Fire & Life Safety Systems Inspections
The Marietta Fire Prevention and Protection Code requires that Life Safety Systems and Fire Protection Systems shall be inspected, tested, and maintained at regular intervals defined by their respective regulating Code.
A record of periodic inspections, tests, servicing and other operations and maintenance shall be maintained on the premises or other approved location for not less than 3 years, or a different period of time where specified in this code or referenced standards. Records shall be made available for inspection by the fire code official, and a copy of the records shall be provided to the fire code official on request.
The fire code official is authorized to prescribe the form and format of such recordkeeping. The fire code official is authorized to require that certain required records be filed with the fire code official.
As stated above, this is the prescribed form and format to file records of inspections, tests, or maintenance; all reports on Code required safety systems shall be filed. Please click the button to be redirected to IROL to submit your report.
- Our AHJ ID is GAA11463. This is necessary when service providers submit reports through IROL.
- IROL’s system provides industry-based reports OR service providers can upload/submit their own test report.
- Users are able to track and update deficiencies and communicate with our department and/or a service provider, and the business/property owner, directly through IROL at no additional costs.
- There are no user fees or additional fees associated with IROL.
- Service providers are able to create and add unlimited number of users.
- Business/property owners are able to register and use IROL at no cost allowing service providers to also electronically submit to their customers.
Systems to be submitted:
Initial System Commissioning Annual Sprinkler (commercial only)
Annual Fire Alarm Annual Fire Pump
Annual and Semi-Annual Hood Suppression 5-year Internal Pipe
Semi-Annual Kitchen Hood Cleaning Annual Emergency Generator
Annual Smoke Control System 5-year Standpipe
Annual Standpipe Annual Clean Agent
Annual Fire Door Annual Emergency Radio
Annual Private Hydrant Declined Service (No cost)
Please review the required submission time frames listed below:
- Clear/Compliant: Systems containing NO deficiencies will be submitted within a 30-day time frame of when the inspection took place.
- Deficient: Systems containing any deficiencies will be submitted within a 7-10 day time frame of when the inspection took place.
- Critical: Upon ANY red tag/CRITICAL impairment, please notify the Fire Marshal’s Office immediately. Once we’re notified, please upload the information through IROL as soon as possible.