Join Our Team
Looking for a demanding, challenging and exciting career?
Marietta Fire Department has a full time staff of 135 men and women dedicated to the protection of life and property. Our equipment, facilities, and training are at the forefront of the fire service. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits. If you are interested in a challenging profession providing the opportunity to assist people in need on a daily basis, we have the career for you.
To apply to become a Marietta Firefighter, you must have the following qualifications:
- 18 years old at time of assigned test date
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving history, no DUIs or BUIs (Boating Under the Influence) within five years - or excessive violations
- Honorably discharged, if a veteran
- Successful completion of written examination, background investigation including criminal and credit history and oral interviews
- Ability to meet physical and mental demands of the position
- Must be able to become certified as Georgia Firefighter and EMT within one year of hire
- Must be able to attain status as a Relief Driver within two years of hire
- Must be a United States Citizen
There other steps that you can take that may increase your qualifications as a successful candidate:
- Obtain a Georgia Firefighter I Certificate
- Obtain an EMT-Intermediate or EMT-Paramedic License
- Earn one of the following degrees: Associate of Science Degree in Fire Science, Associate of Arts Degree or Bachelor's Degree in any field
- You may also benefit if you speak a second language