February 16, 2023
CONTACT: Lindsey Wiles
MARIETTA – The City of Marietta’s Sanitation Division is in the process of rolling out efficient changes and modern technologies to better serve our residents waste collection needs. The changes will not affect the reliable service our citizens are accustomed to receiving.
Beginning the week of February 27, 2023, the city will distribute roll carts to those properties that do not currently have a city issued roll cart. The distribution of roll carts will all waste to be collected at the curb once per week as the city issued containers can be serviced automatically. To better institute these changes, all customers will be given 68-gallon roll carts for use at no additional charge. The customer will be required to place their bagged garbage in the roll cart and roll the cart to curbside once per week for collection on their scheduled day of service. For more information regarding the carts and cart placement, please view our website.
The use of the issued roll carts and once per week service begins the week of April 17, 2023 and is based on your new collection date. You may also have a new recycling day. You will receive detailed information regarding potential changes to your schedule with the delivery of your new roll cart. As always, please have your cart out at curbside by 7:00 AM on your day of collection.
We anticipate all the route changes, collection days, and other general information to be available on our website beginning in March for the April 17, 2023, start date. Marietta also offers a free APP to alert you of your normal collection dates, holiday collection date changes, and any unforeseen changes that we may have to make daily. Download the “Marietta Trash Talk” app from your app store.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the More Efficient Service:
The following are a few answers to questions you may have:
• Yes, the issued roll cart must be used for collection.
• All garbage must be bagged and within the roll cart.
• Personal cans or carts will not be emptied beginning the week of April 17, 2023. We will haul off your old cans or carts if you request us to do so.
• The cost of your monthly service with the 68-gallon cart is $22.75/mo.
• Yes, smaller, larger, and additional carts will be available with different pricing. We ask that you give this size cart some time, see packet for cart options.
• Yes, if those in the household are physically unable to bring their roll cart to street side for collection, we offer collection at the side or rear of the home. Please request a medical exemption request form at the number provided in the packet or online.
• Wednesday yard waste collection day does not change.
• Special or large item pickup remains the same, visit the city web site sanitation page, www.mariettaga.gov , and fill out the form to make the request.
Please contact the City of Marietta Public Works Department/Sanitation Division at (770) 794-5595 if you have any questions.