CONTACT: Public Works Department
City of Marietta Residents,
Please review the following plan for Storm Debris Clean Up. The following are the steps we hope will allow for the quickest recovery. This will only apply for material placed at the street by November 11th.
- City of Marietta Public Works will recover any debris that is less than or equal to 6 feet in length and up to 8 inches in diameter. Our ordinance usually limits us to materials that are up to 4 inches in diameter but this is being increased due to the severity of the storm. We will overlook the volume portion of the ordinance, but the entire pile may take more than one week to recover.
- Residents will not be charged for this debris removal service. Any bulk pick-up items will need to follow the same procedure for scheduling a pick-up.
- Any material that has been left by a tree service will not be recovered. The City will not separate material that is smaller or larger than that which is listed. Logs will not be recovered at any time as part of the residential debris clean up.
- Material that exceeds 8 inches in diameter or has been left by a tree service will not be removed by Public Works. Please contact a tree service company to remove these debris items.
- All debris to be removed must be at the curbside location adjacent to the originating property prior to 7 AM. The debris shall not obstruct the sidewalk, gutter, or free movement of traffic.
Please contact the Public Works Sanitation Division, (770) 794-5595, with any questions.