December 26, 2018
CONTACT: Lindsey Wiles
MARIETTA - The City of Marietta is pleased to announce it has added yet another helpful feature in its quest towards becoming a well-rounded “SMART” city. Already globally recognized by Smart Cities Connect for the Marietta TravelSafely app, the City is now pleased to offer Google Assistant and Alexa to better answer your questions.
The City’s highly talented Information Technology department has worked towards enabling the “City of Marietta Skill” for all devices using both Alexa and Google Assistant.
Alexa is a cloud-based voice service from Amazon. Alexa is the brain behind Amazon Echo and other Alexa-enabled devices. Using Alexa is as simple as asking a question—just ask, and Alexa will respond instantly. When using Amazon Echo devices which utilize Alexa, users will need to enable the City of Marietta skill by saying “Alexa, enable the City of Marietta skill.” For Google Assistant and Google devices this step is not necessary, all the user will need to do is say, “Hey Google” to ask a question.
Here is a sampling of the questions or commands you can ask our app:
• “Ask the City of Marietta about the news.”
• “Ask the City of Marietta when is the next council meeting.”
• “Ask the City of Marietta when is my trash day.”
• “Ask the City of Marietta who is the Mayor.”
• “Ask the City of Marietta who is the City Manager.”
• “Ask the City of Marietta how do I get a building permit.”
• “Ask the City of Marietta how do I get a business license.”
• “Ask the City of Marietta when is the next holiday.”
• “Ask the City of Marietta what are the upcoming events.”
• “Ask the City of Marietta how do I get to City Hall.”
• You can also just say “Talk to the City of Marietta.”
Please submit a citizen request app via our website with ideas of other questions we can better answer for you!