Do you know a young adult (anyone over 19.75 years old) who has expressed an interest in law enforcement as a career path? Please encourage them to sign up and attend our open house this Saturday starting at 10:00 AM. Our training staff will give them a hands-on tour of the Marietta Police Department as well as all the state of the art equipment they would be trained to use. The day will conclude with a comprehensive explanation of our entire interview and hiring process.
Have concerns about you or someone you know joining law enforcement in 2017? Come see how modern weaponry, advanced rescue and safety equipment coupled with our training programs have produced an outstanding safety record at MPD. We train recruits to make decisions based on our (6) core values: Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Professionalism and Loyalty. Our training is considered some of the best in the industry.
This open house is geared toward young adults who participated in Scouts, Explorers, ROTC or other youth programs but is open to anyone at least nineteen years old.
Some interesting and important facts:
- Did you know MPD will PAY you to attend the Police Academy?
- Did you know we have one of the best health and dental insurance programs?
- Did you know MPD is one of the FEW remaining agencies in the area to offer a real pension program as well as take-home patrol vehicles?
- Did you know MPD was recognized as one of the top three police departments in the country in 2015?
- Did you know you would be working for the 2017 Chief of the Year?
- Our highly trained and educated command staff mentor young adults to articulate and pursue their aspirations within the Marietta Police Department.
- MPD has multiple internal career paths available, including but not limited to: Uniform Patrol, Traffic, Narcotics, K-9, Detectives, Forensics, Cyber, School Resource Officers, Community Response Unit, Training etc.
Come hear firsthand how Lieutenant Marshall started his journey into law enforcement through the MPD Explorer program (29) years ago!
Please register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/recruiting-open-house-tickets-40837816007