- City Hall
- Departments & Divisions
- Development Services
- Economic Development
- Development Initiatives
- Livable Centers Initiatives
Livable Centers Initiatives
Economic development and redevelopment efforts in several areas of the city have been supported by the Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) through the Livable Centers Initiative (LCI) program. The LCI program has provided funding for planning studies and infrastructure enhancements for commercial corridors and neighborhoods near the city's major activity centers, with the goals of
- Developing an outreach process that promotes the involvement of all stakeholders.
- Encouraging a diversity of mixed-income residential neighborhoods, employment, shopping and recreation choices at the activity center, town center, and corridor level.
- Providing access to a range of travel modes including transit, roadways, walking, and biking to enable access to all uses within the study area.
Atlanta Regional Commission's LCI Program InformationTo find out more about the LCI Program including program goals, project implementation, applications and grant recipients, transportation projects and planning studies, visit the Atlanta Regional Commission LCI page.
Marietta's LCI StudiesMarietta has completed 3 LCI studies to date. To read Marietta's LCI studies as well as other planning studies and initiatives for the City of Marietta, please visit the Planning Studies and Projects page.
The following is a list of studies and highlights:
Envision Marietta LCI
- Based around the city's Central Business District (CBD) including gateway corridors and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Implemented projects include pedestrian improvements, streetscape enhancements, policy updates and organizational changes.
Franklin/Delk LCI Study
- Conducted as a partnership with Cobb County.
- Based around the Franklin Gateway and Delk Road Area adjacent to I-75.
- Implemented projects include streetscape enhancements, pedestrian improvements and the utilization of development incentives.
Marietta University Enhancement District LCI
- Conducted jointly with Kennesaw State University - Marietta (then Southern Polytechnic State University) and Life University.
- Encompasses the area around the campuses along the Cobb Parkway (U.S. 41) Corridor.
- An update was conducted that provides a detailed assessment of implementation thus far and a 5-year action plan for 2019-2024.