Large Item Pickup
- Residents must go online fill out request pick up/special items form to make arrangements for collection of larger trash items that cannot fit into a garbage can.
- Please do not place large items by the street for collection unless you have notified the Sanitation Department to arrange for pickup.
- The individual household will be billed for collection of these items.
- Any large items should be placed by the residence's curb only on collection day (if prior arrangements have been made for pick up).
Garbage Container Guidelines
- All trash containers should be stored in garages or at the rear of the residence and placed by the curb only on collection day.
- Households must have an adequate number of garbage cans with tight fitting lids.
- All trash must be stored in containers.
- Trash cans must display an official city of Marietta decal in order to be emptied.
Items Not Collected
- Households, contractors and tree surgeons are responsible for the disposal of construction debris, tires, demolition/remodeling waste and trees or oversized limbs.
- These items or waste materials will not be collected by the city.