The Housing Code responsibilities and services include:
- To provide the public with relevant and accurate information regarding the housing code.
- All residences must be equipped with a smoke detector.
- To inspect dwelling units for compliance with the basic minimum housing standards deemed essential for safe and healthful living.
- To issue notices of noncompliance to owners of dwelling units in violation of the housing code.
- To issue notices of condemnation to owners of unfit dwellings.
- Preparation of a municipal court ordered demolition for repair or removal of structure.
- Liens will be placed on court ordered demolitions if not paid within 30 days.