Come discover and learn the history of the Marietta Fire Department like never before at our free Fire Museum. Located just 2 blocks off the Historic Marietta Square, the museum boasts a collection of antique fire apparatus, tools, and gear dating back to 1854. Learn how the fire department has changed over time through a self-guided tour or call ahead to schedule a guided tour for a more memorable experience.
Doors Are Open for Self Guided Tours:
9:00am - 5:00pm Everyday*
* Closed December. 24th - 25th and January. 1st.
*Occasionally the museum will be closed for maintenance or special events. Below are the current scheduled dates for closure.
- May 10th - Closed at 3:00 pm for City Event
Parking is available at the Marietta City Hall parking deck, located at 211 Lawrence Street, Marietta, GA 30060. Please be sure to bring your parking ticket inside for validation.
Schedule a Tour
Schedule a Guided Museum Tour by filling out the Fire Education Request Form at least 1 week in advance. Please utilize the online scheduling system before attempting to call. This will allow you to reserve an open time slot immediately. Personnel from Marietta Fire will then contact you within 2-3 business days to confirm your tour and obtain any additional information. If you experience a problem with the online request form, please call 770-794-5466.
Guided Tours are available for groups of 10 or more people.
Guided Tours will not be scheduled after 3:00 p.m.
Weekend Guided Tours require approval before scheduling. Please contact us to schedule.
-The Marietta Fire Department does not offer facilities to host Birthday Parties. You can however schedule a tour as part of your special day.
-The Marietta Fire Department will make every effort to support visits from groups associated with the Boys Scouts and Girl Scouts of America and assist with badge requirements. The fire department is not able to “teach” the lessons associated with the badge requirements but will rather assist in answering any questions your group may have.
-Request for Apparatus & Crews to be at community events within the limits of the City Of Marietta are not guaranteed. The ability to attend community events can often be outweighed by weather, availability of apparatus and personnel, calendar conflicts, or simply responding to emergencies in the city.
- Admission is Free
- Donations accepted and appreciated
- T-shirts, mugs and other souvenir items are available.
Antique Fire Memorabilia on Display
- 1879 Silsby Steamer
- 1921 American LaFrance Pumper
- 1929 Seagrave Pumper
- 1949 Pirsch Ladder Truck
- 1952 Chevrolet Panel Truck
- Preview the antique fire vehicles here Antique Fire Memorabilia on Display Antique Fire Memorabilia on Display Antique Fire Memorabilia on Display
- Antique fire helmets and helmets from around the world
- Antique firefighting apparatus (see below)
- Antique firefighting equipment, hoses, nozzles, bells, etc.
- Interesting firefighting displays
- Marietta Fire Museum Brochure (PDF)