SALARY & BENEFITS
The City of Marietta provides a desirable compensation, benefits package for the beginning police officer, complete with medical, life, and disability insurance policies.
For Info on future Marietta PD Career Development please check out this information from our City HR team: Police Career Development 2023
For info from our city HR team on the Marietta PD Pay and Classification Plan, please check out this document: Police Pay Structure as of 12/1/2023
Effective as of January 1, 2023
New hire base salary
New hires with an Associate degree or equivalent hours or two years of active duty military service* upon hire
New hires with a Bachelor’s degree or higher or four years of active duty military service** upon hire
Lateral hires with Georgia P.O.S.T. certification and law enforcement experience*** upon hire
Market Rate (Determined based on incumbent officers with similar qualifications, but will not exceed the incumbent rate.)
- Shift Officers work eight hour shifts with a (4) on, (2) off rotation.
- Pay incentives available for education, training certifications, shift differential, and on-call pay.
- Weekly paychecks
Out Of State Certifications
Georgia P.O.S.T. recently changed the onboarding process for out-of-state transfers. In most cases, you will no longer need to attend a Georgia academy.
Please call or email our recruiting team for the details.
- A low-cost health insurance plan with BlueCross/ BlueShield (eligible after 60 days of employment)
- Individual Medical Plan - $11.16 per week
- Family Medical Plan - $32.21 per week
- Life Insurance Plan
- Vacation, Comp Time, Sick Leave, Holiday Pay, Military Leave Pay
- Take-home vehicle once solo status is achieved
- Part-Time jobs available once solo status is achieved
- 8-hour shifts - providing 17 additional paid days off each year
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) training is paid for by the department, and you are compensated for your time in the BJJ gym
- Fully vested in defined benefit general pension plan (4% employee contribution)
- Early retirement available at a reduced benefit
- City/BLW-funded defined supplemental pension plan (in lieu of Social Security)
- No social security deduction means 6.2% kept by the employee!
The City of Marietta reimbursement program for up $2,000 per fiscal year for coursework, lab fees, and associated textbooks based on a grade of “C” or better. In addition to the city’s reimbursement, the Marietta Police Department will reimburse employees for up to $2,000 of college tuition after the city reimbursement is exhausted for the year. Tuition reimbursement is dependent on budget constraints.
- Public Safety Ambassador Unit to assist with traffic control and minor duties freeing up officers for proactive law enforcement.
- Department provides ammo, targets, and range time at Governors Gun Club
- Marietta Police Department has 5 Prisoner Transport Officers for the transport of suspects in custody
- 24/7 access to an in-house gym and shooting simulator.
- CareHere Health Clinic with access to free prescription medications.
- On-Call pay and call back pay.
- County Courthouses within walking distance of the Marietta Police Station
- Cobb County offers a 24-hour/ 7 days a week Magistrate for warrants
- The Cobb County Detention Center borders the city and makes for easy access when needed.
- Wellstar Kennestone Hospital inside of the city limits