5 Reasons You Should Join Us
#1: Access to outstanding and diverse tax incentives for your company
- $3500.00 in state tax credits for new job creation through City of Marietta's Office of Economic Development's
Opportunity Zone program.
- Federal new market tax credits for commercial development through U.S. Department of Treasury's
Community Development Financial Institutions Fund.
- Tax-exempt and taxable bond financing may be available for industrial development through Marietta
- Special discounted electric rates for qualified vacant buildings and qualified electric loads in designated
economic development areas offered through the City of Marietta Board of Lights and Water.
- Local tax increment financing consideration for redevelopment projects through Marietta Redevelopment
- A state financing tool to start or expand an eco-friendly product or service or "green" an existing business
through Georgia Green Loans.
#2: Leverage powerful and versatile existing assets for future growth
- Easy access and visibility to I-75 corridor, Highway 41 corridor, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, McCollum Field-Cobb County Airport, and multifaceted Cobb County and metro-Atlanta transit systems.
- Close proximity to Southern Polytechnic State University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Kennesaw State University, Life University and Chattahoochee Technical College.
- Flex space availability for both start-up and existing energy technology firms.
- Access to cutting-edge sustainable technology. (GE Smart Grid)
- Close proximity to a highly educated workforce specializing in engineering, architecture, robotics, and sustainable research.
- Take advantage of major infrastructure improvements including transportation upgrades and green space enhancements along the Franklin Road corridor.
#3: Benefit from an ongoing collaboration with business partners
Steering committee comprised of business, academic, and government stakeholders provides a varied and valuable focus and support of renewable energy technology development and promotion.
#4: Access to highly educated and diverse workforce
Cobb County ranked the most educated county in the state and 15th most educated county in the U.S.
- More than 50% of available workforce has a bachelor's degree or higher.
- Local Chattahoochee Technical College (state's largest technical college) assists with green-job transition and training.
#5: This opportunity won't last long
- Collaborate NOW with some of the greatest minds and forward-thinking companies in the world.
- Benefit NOW from attractive business incentives and a highly educated workforce.
- Become a part NOW of a second-to-none research, development, and implementation community for leading-edge energy technologies.
- Start your future NOW in the GreenTech Corridor.