Marietta Power and Water will be collecting clothes, medical supplies and gift cards to buy eyeglasses during December. Donated items will be given to children at Park Street Elementary School, the BLW's Partner in Education.
Collection boxes will be located in all divisions/buildings of Marietta Power and Water. For more information or if you wish to donate gift cards, please contact your CARE Committee representative or your division administrative support staff. All items collected will be delivered to Park Street Elementary in January.
Clothing needs include:
- Socks (white) sizes: Children 13-Adult 8
- T-shirts (white) sizes: Children 6-12
- Boys and girls underwear: sizes 6-12
- Belts (black) sizes: Children 6-12
- Sneakers sizes: Children 13-Adult 8
- Pants (dark blue or khaki) sizes: Children 6-12
- Polo Shirts (white, light blue or dark blue) sizes: Children 6-12
Over-the-counter medical supplies needed:
- Children's Tylenol
- Ointments – Neosporin, etc.
Also please donate Wal-Mart gift cards to help purchase eyeglasses for children in need.
2013 CARE Committee representatives
- Marietta Power electrical designer Steve Greene
- Marietta Power marketing representative Heidi Isom
- Customer Care director Ron Mull
- Marietta Power warehouse manager Robin Priest
- Marietta Power electrical training and safety manager Rodney Scarbro
- Assistant to Marietta Power and Water general manager, Bob Lewis, Sharon Shultz
- Customer Care supervisor Jasmin Thigpen
- Marietta Power electrical engineer Charity Wilson
- Marietta Power control center master control technician Brad Wood
- Marietta Water and wastewater inspector Kevin Wright
Division Administrative Support Staff
- Marietta Water administrative assistant Karmen Scarbro
- Marietta Power administrative assistant Nancy Scofield
- Customer Care administrative assistant Cheryl Brooks
More info: Marietta Power and Water: 770-794-5100