The Marietta Pilgrimage is a Christmas Home Tour that takes place in the historic districts around the Marietta Square. The tour, a favorite holiday tradition for more than 25 years, showcases six private historic homes and fourteen public buildings all lovingly restored and decorated for the season.
The Marietta Pilgrimage offers either a Day Tour or an evening Candlelight Tour. The Day Tour showcases all six homes and public buildings and the Candlelight Tour features three of the six homes. A combination ticket is also available, which gives access to three Day Tour houses and the three Candlelight Tour houses.
Please visit the website for a full listing of the homes and public buildings that will be featured on this year's tour, including the schedules and ticket information.
Also, on Dec. 6, from 7:30-11 p.m., the Marietta Pilgrimage will present "The Marietta Pilgrimage Tour Gala," a glamorous black-tie event. It will be a magical evening of dining, music, and dancing, which will be held at the Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art, located at 30 Atlanta Street.
- Santa on the Square, Saturday, Dec. 7 from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 8 from 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Candlelight shopping on Square, Friday, Dec. 6, shops on Square stay open until 8 p.m.
- "Shadow Circus" and "Portrait Society of Atlanta" exhibitions at Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art, Dec. 7 and 8
- "Santa After Hours," Out of the Box Theatre, Dec. 7 at 10 p.m.
- "Side By Side by Sondheim," Out of the Box Theatre, Saturday, Dec. 7 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 8 at 3 p.m.
More info: Marietta Visitors Bureau at 770-429-1115 or visit mariettapilgrimage.com