Marietta's City Clerk's Office is seeking resumes from individuals interested in serving on the city's Civil Service Board.
Marietta City Council will appoint one person to fill Post 3 for a three-year term expiring Dec. 31, 2016. For more information about the board, please view the website.
Each candidate must submit their application along with a short bio including reasons why the candidate feels he or she should be elected to the Civil Service Board.
- Cannot hold any elected government position
- Cannot be employed by city or county government
- Must be at least 25 years old
- Must be resident and qualified voter of Marietta
- Immediate family member cannot serve as elected official of Marietta
- Immediate family member cannot work for city department under Civil Service Board's jurisdiction
How to apply
- Call Marietta's City Clerk's Office at 770-794-5526 for an application, explanation of qualifications and duties, and responsibilities of prospective members.
- Applications also available online.
Applications will be accepted in the City Clerk's Office until 5 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 18, 2013.