Kick start your health at farmers market Sept. 7
The city of Marietta and WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center have teamed up to provide a community wellness initiative for the citizens who live and work in Marietta, and the fun starts at the Marietta Square Farmers Market Sept. 7.
About the event
- Representatives from WellStar will provide health programs and services, which will identify and reduce risk of disease and empower participants to make healthy lifestyle changes that will improve their quality of life
- WellStar representatives will provide free biometric screenings including cholesterol and glucose finger sticks and blood pressure screenings
- WellStar healthcare providers will also give free seminars, which will provide expert health education to participants
- WellStar executive chef Ben Behimer will host a cooking demonstration and show tasty and healthy ways to use locally grown ingredients
- WellStar Health Place group fitness instructor will lead community members in yoga demonstration, during which participants can calm their spirits, while improving strength, flexibility, balance and overall coordination
- WellStar Health Place group fitness instructor will teach Zumba exercises the whole family can enjoy
- 9 a.m.-noon: Health information booths and screenings
- 9-9:45 a.m.: Yoga, Glover Park (Bring your own mat)
- 10-11 a.m.: Cooking demonstration
- 11-11:30 a.m.: Zumba, Glover Park
The event is free, and registration is not required for the family-friendly event.
More info: 770-956-STAR (7827)
Contacts for news media | Subscribe to receive city news by e-mail