Discover where city's Civil War hospitals were Sept. 21
The public is invited to join historian Brad Quinlin and tour the Square Sept. 21 during Marietta Streetfest to discover where Marietta's Civil War hospitals were located.
- Hour long
- 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- More tours will be added if needed
- Meet and begin at city of Marietta's 150th tent at Marietta Streetfest
- Will highlight places and events around Square that will be featured in Marietta Museum of History's upcoming exhibit "Bleeding Gray and Blue: Marietta's Civil War Hospitals"
- Will also feature information on how hospitals were used by Union Army in 1864 after the Battle of Kennesaw Mountain
- Available online
- Also available day of event for $20
Research uncovers info about hospitals
- Beginning in September 1863, soldiers wounded in battle of Chickamauga were taken by railroad to Marietta hospitals
- Until recently, little was known about where these Confederate hospitals were located and who ran them
- Quinlin's research has uncovered and studied thousands of documents and details, which will be highlighted
More info or buy tickets: bleedinggrayandbluetour.eventbrite.com/
Contacts for news media | Subscribe to receive city news by e-mail