Apply for vacancy on Civil Service Board
Marietta's City Clerk's Office is seeking résumés and letters of interest from individuals interested in serving on the Civil Service Board.
Marietta Fire and Police civil service employees will elect one person to fill Post 4 on the board. The Civil Service Board is an appeals board that hears issues related to the civil service employees. The board includes five members, two of which are elected by civil service employees.
- Can't hold any elected government position
- Can't be employed by city or county government
- Must be at least 25 years old
- Must be resident and qualified voter of Marietta
- Immediate family member can't serve as elected official in Marietta
- Immediate family member can't work for city department under Civil Service Board's jurisdiction
How to apply
- Call Marietta's City Clerk's Office at 770-794-5526 for an application, explanation of qualifications, duties and responsibilities of prospective members
- Applications also available online
When and where to apply
- Monday, Sept. 9- Friday, Sept. 20
- 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Marietta City Clerk's Office, fourth floor of City Hall, 205 Lawrence St.
- Candidates must provide application, biographical sketch and why they think he or she should be elected to Civil Service Board
- Tuesday, Oct. 8, Wednesday, Oct. 9 and Thursday, Oct. 10
- 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
More info: Marietta's City Clerk's Office, 770-794-5526
Contacts for news media | Subscribe to receive city news by e-mail