Polish your sneakers for city's youth basketball program
Marietta and Cobb residents are invited to shine your sneakers and participate in the city's 2013-2014 youth basketball program, and registration will begin Aug. 20.
- Open to boys and girls ages 6-14
- Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Aug. 20 to Sept. 13
- Available online
- Will also be available in Parks and Recreation Department, third floor of City Hall, 205 Lawrence St.
- Mail to Marietta's Parks and Recreation Department, third floor of City Hall, 205 Lawrence St., Marietta, GA 30060
- Fax to 770-794-5608
- Marietta residents: $60
- Non-Marietta residents in Cobb County: $95
- Fees and copy of birth certificate due at registration
- Proof of residency required to receive reduced fees
- Cash, checks, money orders, VISA, MasterCard and Discover accepted
- Make checks payable to city of Marietta
- No refunds after Nov. 22
- Coaches will start calling parents weekend before Oct. 7
- Begin week of Oct. 7
- 6-7 p.m. or 7-8 p.m.
- No practice on Wednesdays at school sites
- Practices: held at Marietta City Schools and Marietta city recreation centers
- Will be asked to choose first, second and third choices on registration form
- Lawrence Street Recreation Center, 510 Lawrence St.
- Elizabeth Porter Recreation Center, 370 Montgomery St.
- Dunleith Elementary School, 120 Saine Dr.
- A.L. Burruss Elementary School, 325 Manning Road
- Saturdays from early November through late January 2014
- Eight and under boys: Dunleith Elementary School, 120 Saine Dr.
- 10 and under, 12 and under, and 14 and under boys: Lawrence Street Recreation Center, 510 Lawrence St.
- All girl games: A. L. Burruss Elementary School, 325 Manning Road
Volunteer to coach
- If you love working with kids and love sports, organizers are looking for volunteer coaches
- More info: 770-794-5608
Marietta's Youth Basketball Program, which teaches basic beginning to advanced skills, sportsmanship and teamwork, through practices and actual league play, is a member of the Jr. NBA/Jr. WNBA.
More info: Marietta's Parks and Recreation Department, 770-794-5608
Contacts for news media | Subscribe to receive city news by e-mail