Find way around city with Marietta's improved map viewer
An updated feature on the city's website allows visitors and residents to find where they can play, vote, take their kids to school, find parcel information and create a printable map with just the click of a mouse.
"The GIS map viewer has been a long-time feature on the city's website. The viewer is built using a more robust software tool that allows us to provide more features and a more user-friendly experience," city of Marietta IT Systems Manager Jeremy Waite said.
About Marietta's GIS Map Viewer
- Developed by city's IT department
- Lets users search by address, search by parcel number, find their voting location, find schools, find a street, find parks, find churches, visit Cobb County Assessor's website, open a recorded property plat, print your own tax map, search for land lots and create your own printable map
- Also allows users to view different map layers including city limits of Marietta, public safety, parks and recreation, schools, wards in Marietta, planning and zoning, buildings, subdivisions and apartments, bodies of water and more
- Users can search for different park amenities including restrooms, basketball courts, tennis courts, walking trails, off-leash dog parks, multi-purpose trails, geocaches, picnic tables or playgrounds
- Synchronization feature used with Google Maps and Bing Maps
- Requires Microsoft Silverlight browser plugin
Visit the new GIS map viewer
Contacts for news media | Subscribe to receive city news by e-mail