Marietta Tree Keepers invites neighborhoods in the city limits of Marietta to register to win a grant of up to $1,000 to help plant or replant trees in your neighborhood.
If your neighborhood's application is chosen, you'll get to help plant 10 or more trees on private property along the street in your neighborhood this October.
- Properties must be located within Marietta city limits
- Properties must be residential
- Trees must be planted be on private property
- Limit one tree per property
- Each application must contain proposal from at least three and no more than 10 properties/neighbors
- Neighbors must be located within 300 feet of each other to be listed on same application
- Trees planted on individual lots must be within front or major side yard (if located on a corner)
- Applicants agree to participate in planting tree on their property
- For each property included in application, each neighbor must be able to graphically show the requested location of tree
- Make sure to clearly identify neighbor's name, address and proposed tree location
- Options: photos, aerial imagery: Google Maps, city of Marietta Map Viewer, Bing Maps or sketch (hand-drawn or computer generated) – make sure you're detailed and accurate
- Apply by e-mail
- Mail to: Marietta Tree Keepers, NeighborScapes Tree Grant, P.O. Box 1603, Marietta, GA, 30061
- Completed applications must be submitted by April 30 to be considered
- Winners: announced June 15
Agreement and acknowledgement
By signing the form, each applicant agrees to and acknowledges the following if your neighborhood's application is chosen:
- Final location and species will be chosen by qualified landscape architects, arborists, and/or foresters. They will consider the location of buildings, trees, utilities and other site features before selecting the location and tree species
- Each neighbor must have utility lines marked before visit by determination team and day trees will be planted. A request to have lines marked should be made at least 48 hours before event by calling 8-1-1 or 1-800-282-7411.
- Each neighbor must participate or be present on day trees are planted.
- Each neighbor must sign tree planting and maintenance agreement.
- Each neighbor must check with or get approval from any applicable homeowners associations before submitting application
- Marietta Power and Water
- Jim and Jo-Evelyn Morris
- Northwest Exterminating
About Marietta Tree Keepers
More info: 770-424-4664 or visit mariettaga.gov/committees/treekeepers