The Marietta Visitors Bureau has developed a new mobile app that allows you to find out what's happening in Marietta, things to do, where to eat and where to stay if you're planning a weekend trip right from your iPhone, iPad or Android.
"Mobile technology is fast becoming vital for tourism businesses, and we wanted to take advantage of the benefits of having a digital presence that could help to boost tourism in Marietta," Marietta Visitors Bureau marketing and public relations manager Katie Peterson said. "Our app improves the way you plan your visit to Marietta and includes easy-to-search comprehensive listings for events, dining, attractions, lodging and more."
About Visit Marietta Square app
- Free to download
- Allows users to explore Marietta at fingertips
- Turns Smartphone or mobile device into personal tour guide
- Connect feature provides up-to-date information on events going on in area
- Allows users to stay connected with Marietta Visitors Bureau on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and online
- Designed to enhance visitor's travel experience, increasing Marietta's visibility and eventually generating revenue through hotel/motel tax and travel spending
- Plans underway for "Hip Deals" section and special event apps
- On iPhone or iPad through App Store
- On Android device through Google Play
"For an interactive hotel booking experience, the app offers a quick, easy and secure way to find and book hotels nearby," Marietta Visitors Bureau executive director Theresa Jenkins said. "To make the app even more inviting, we have plans to add a heritage tourism component in the near future," she said. "Nowadays, people are always on the go. Visitors can get more out of their stay in our community through the Visit Marietta Square app that makes experiencing the local area convenient."
More info: Marietta Visitors Bureau, 770-429-1115