Students, faculty and alumni of Life and Southern Polytechnic State universities, residents, and business and property owners are invited to give feedback about a study that will redevelop Cobb Parkway and South Marietta Parkway, increase visibility of Life and Southern Polytechnic State universities and help to connect the universities with the surrounding community.
Representatives from the city of Marietta, Southern Polytechnic State University and Life University will hold a public information meeting Dec. 13 from 4-6 p.m. at Life University's Center for Chiropractic Education (CCE) Building, Room 149.
Speakers will discuss the study's initial findings including the area's design, land use, transportation, and market conditions and trends. The meeting is the first of four that will be held to receive public feedback about the study.
About the Marietta University Enhancement District Livable Centers Initiative (MU2 LCI) study
- Develop plan for making area more well-balanced activity center, where people of all ages can live, work, study and play
- Form community-supported vision for area and five-year implementation plan
- Funded through Atlanta Regional Commission's (ARC) LCI program
- In Marietta's Green Tech Corridor
- Close proximity to Life University and SPSU, I-75, Marietta Square and Dobbins Air Reserve Base
- Extends just east of Cobb Parkway (US 41) and just north of South Marietta Parkway (SR 120), southern boundary abuts Dobbins Air Reserve Base
- Includes Cobb Community Transit (CCT) bus terminal and park and ride lot
- Joint initiative of city of Marietta, Life University and Southern Polytechnic State University (SPSU)
- Available in front of CCE building is Lot L or within walking distance is Lot F
- Attendees can also be shuttled from designated shuttle stops to and from meeting until 7:30 p.m.
- Signs will direct attendees to meeting location
- Go north or south on Cobb Parkway (US 41)
- Turn on Barclay Circle (at Waffle House)
- Turn right at first driveway after you pass ATCO building on right
- Take immediate right and follow signs to CCE building
More info: city of Marietta senior urban planner/project manager Kyethea Clark, 770-794-5668