Frequently Asked Questions
Information of Interest to the City Participants
- 15. When can I move to another unit?
You may request to move during your annual recertification interview, 90-120 days before your lease end date. You must be in good
standing with the current lease. You must attend a voucher briefing prior to receiving a voucher.
You may use your voucher anywhere within Cobb County, or you port it to another housing authority within the United States.
If you are interested in porting to another housing authority, contact your Housing Officer. A list of other housing authorities in the
United States is on the HUD web page at www.HUD.gov.
- 16. How do I qualify for a utility check?
- 17. What date will my unit be inspected, and when will the inspector arrive?
- 18. Must I be present when the inspection occurs?
- 19. I was not at home for my recertification and inspection. What do I have to do?
- 20. In what circumstances can a participant ask for an informal hearing?
Any participant who is proposed for termination or other adverse action from the voucher Program is entitled to an informal hearing.
To receive an informal hearing, the participant must make a request, in writing, within 10 days of the notice of proposed termination.
The written hearing request may be in the form of a short (1 or 2 sentence) letter, or the client may fill out a "Request for Informal
Hearing" form, which is available at the City website-www.mariettaga.gov, or at the program office.
Information of Interest to the City Landlords
Your Housing Assistance Payment Check