Vision Statement 6
Marietta is a hub of activity, where traffic, transit, and pedestrians move about easily and safely. In designing our transportation system, we placed a high premium on the quality of life of our citizens.
- Design and build a pedestrian bridge over the S. Loop by 2009.
- Address traffic issues from West Marietta to Central Marietta and beyond, beginning February 2006. Within 18 months we will have a plan to forward to the State DOT.
- Re-construct all existing roads greater than two-lanes using boulevard standards. Where not practical, reconstruct all existing roads greater than two lanes as tree-lined streets.
- Construct all new roads greater than two-lanes using boulevard standards.
- Support the creation of a trolley bus system to operate in and around the City.
- Support new downtown parking, the design of which will be integrated with commercial development.
- Connect Powder Springs Road to S. Cobb Drive as previously approved by the voters.
- Complete the Stone Mountain to Kennesaw Avenue Trail through Marietta by 2009.
- Work with the state DOT to reroute Highway 5 out of downtown Marietta to US 41 or I-75. The City will take control of Church and Cherokee streets.
- Work with Cobb County DOT to make S. Cobb Drive, from US 41 to Atlanta Road, a parkway.
Previous Statement | Next Statement