Civil War Hospital Walking Tour
Dates: 9/21/2013 - 9/21/2013
Time: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Location: Glover Park - Marietta Square
The public is invited to join historian Brad Quinlin and tour the Square during Marietta Streetfest to discover where Marietta's Civil War hospitals were located.
- Hour long
- 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- More tours will be added if needed
- Meet and begin at city of Marietta's 150th tent at Marietta Streetfest
- Will highlight places and events around Square that will be featured in Marietta Museum of History's upcoming exhibit "Bleeding Gray and Blue: Marietta's Civil War Hospitals"
- Will also feature information on how hospitals were used by Union Army in 1864 after the Battle of Kennesaw Mountain
- Available online
- Also available day of event for $20
Research uncovers info about hospitals
- Beginning in September 1863, soldiers wounded in battle of Chickamauga were taken by railroad to Marietta hospitals
- Until recently, little was known about where these Confederate hospitals were located and who ran them
- Quinlin's research has uncovered and studied thousands of documents and details, which will be highlighted