June 11, 2020
CONTACT: Sally Macaulay
Marietta Cobb Museum of Art
MARIETTA - The Marietta Cobb Museum of Art is pleased to announce it will reopen to the public June 16th – 21st with regular hours featuring the exhibitions Athos Menaboni: Framing His Journey and Curator Selects. The MCMA takes this step seriously and are initiating precautions with our members, guests and employees in mind. As a result, significant changes are being made both behind the scenes and in the public spaces.
Guests are all encouraged to help with our reopening. Individuals who are feeling unwell, have a temperature or other virus-related symptoms, or knowingly have been exposed to someone with the virus are respectfully asked to not enter the museum. Individuals are requested to follow all procedures, respect others and exercise patience/caution as everyone works together to make visiting the museum an enjoyable experience.
• Maintain social distancing (6 feet apart) from those not in your party.
• The number of guests in the museum gallery spaces at one time cannot exceed 25.
• Guests are encouraged to wear masks but it is not required.
• Museum Staff will wear masks when interacting with guests.
• Admissions Volunteers/Staff will follow safe practices when greeting guests and receiving payments.
• Hand sanitizer is available for guest use at Admissions Desk – volunteer/staff will assist you.
• Daily cleaning and sanitizing processes and procedures have been instituted.
• Museum Staff will clean and disinfect touchpoints throughout the Museum on a frequent basis.
• Guests will be provided with gallery guides to assist with self-guided tours. Private, guided tours are limited must be coordinated in advance.
• All special events and programs have been canceled until further notice. The Museum Staff has created virtual versions of many programs. Please see our website www.mariettacobbartmuseum.org for details.
We have been overwhelmed by the show of support expressed by our members over the last several months. Many members have renewed their membership early, well before their renewal date, while others have upgraded their level of support. Members also let us know how much they appreciated our online and virtual programming providing value for their membership during the time we have been closed. We are grateful for your continued support and look forward to seeing you all in the museum again soon!