Board of Education
Meeting DateAll meetings are held at the Marietta City Schools Administrative Offices located at 250 Howard Street in Marietta and are open to the public.
- The Marietta Board of Education holds regular meetings, usually twice a month.
- A work session and special-called meeting is held the second Tuesday of each month* starting at 6 p.m.
- The regular board meeting is held the third Tuesday of each month* starting at 7 p.m.
- Occasionally, the board must hold a special meeting outside the normal schedule. Such sessions are posted in the school board office and the system's Web site, and the media are notified at least 24 hours in advance.
Members of the Marietta Board of Education were elected on November 5, 2013, and took office on January 6, 2014 (1st Monday) for a four-year term, ending on January 1, 2018 (1st Monday). The next election will be held on Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
This board has 7 members, consisting of representatives elected by majority vote by ward residents.
Members serve a term of 4 years. Terms begin first day in January, immediately following the elections (GA Laws 1982, Act. #1155, pg. 4558).
Resident with at least a high school education. Cannot hold any other appointed or elected position of city or city school system. Must be 21 years old, a registered voter and live in the ward they represent.
- $3,600 annually; chairperson, $400 per month
Download and submit an application (PDF) to the City Clerk's Office.
All meetings are held at the Marietta City Schools Administrative Offices located at 250 Howard Street in Marietta and are open to the public.