Mayor & City Council
- 7 p.m.
- The 2nd Wednesday of each month
- 205 Lawrence Street NE
Sam J. Welsch Memorial Room
Marietta, GA 30061
Watch Council Meetings
City Council meetings are shown live on the city's Web site through streaming video, and archived meetings are available online for up to 1 year.
Meetings are also available on cable television:
- TV23 - 3rd Thursday of every month at 7 p.m.
- Cable Channel 25 - last Saturday of every month at 3 p.m.
The Council consists of 8 members, the mayor and 7 Council members. View former City Councils here (PDF).
The term of office is 4 years.
2014 - 2018
The Mayor and Council were elected on November 5, 2013, and took office on January 6, 2014 (the 1st Monday). The next election will be held on Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
- The Mayor is compensated at $18,000 per year plus $160 expenses per month (Ord. #6793, Approved April 13, 2005, Effective January 2, 2006).
- The 7 Council members are compensated at $13,000 per year plus $150 expenses per month (Ord. #6793, Approved April 13, 2005, Effective January 2, 2006).
- The Mayor Pro Tem receives an additional $100 per month (Ord. #4156, Approved May 8, 1985, Effective February 1, 1986).
- Mayor webpage
- City Council webpage